- Build a giant checkerboard or jigsaw puzzle out of wooden boards. This is a great way to keep kids entertained for hours on end, and it’s also a great way to use up some extra wood in your backyard!
- Throw a big party and invite all of your friends over for a fun-filled afternoon of outdoor games. There are plenty of options available to choose from, like jump rope, tag, horseshoes, and corn hole. Just make sure to pack plenty of snacks and drinks so everyone can have a great time!
- Set up an elaborate obstacle course around your yard using sticks, logs, and other small objects. Your kids will love trying to navigate their way through it while you watch from the sidelines!
- Create some simple but fun DIY backyard playgrounds using simple materials like large stones, cardboard boxes, and even tires! Simply stack the objects high enough so your kids can’t reach the ground, and they’ll have hours of fun playing on top!
- Organize some old pallets into a giant play structure for toddlers or preschoolers. All you need are some screws, nails, and wood glue to make this project happen!
Ideas for Setting Up a Garden
If you are looking for ways to entertain yourself and your guests outside, a garden is a great option. There are so many different backyard entertainment ideas to choose from, and all of them can be customized to fit your needs and style. Here are the most popular garden activities:
- Have a BBQ: A BBQ is one of the classic backyard activities, and it’s perfect for a summer party. You can cook everything on the grill or in a smoker, or use portable grills to set up in different parts of the yard. Plus, there are so many delicious options for toppings that it’s hard to go wrong.
- Have a picnic: Picnics are another classic backyard activity, and they are perfect for summer parties. You can pack your own food or order takeout, and there are endless possibilities for toppings. You can also set up tables and chairs in different parts of the yard to make it an enjoyable gathering spot for all your guests.
- Play games: Games make a great way to spend an afternoon outdoors, and there are plenty of fun options available for backyard games. You can play traditional games like tag or quoits.
Ideas for Creating a Playground
There are so many amazing backyard entertainment area ideas at zenithdesignbuild to transform your outdoor space! Whether you’re looking for something to keep the kids entertained during summer picnics or want to create a special place for relaxing and enjoying nature, these ideas will have you covered.
- Create a sandbox area with plenty of toys and activities for the kids to play with. This could include things like a digging pit, a set of jeeps and tracks, a swing set, and more. Make sure to include plenty of seating so the family can relax and enjoy the scene together.
- Add in some swings, jungle gyms, climbing structures, and other fun equipment for older children or adults to enjoy. This will help make the backyard into an activity center that can be used by everyone in the family.
- Set up a couple of large tents in your yard – this is an old favourite that never gets old! There are so many different types of tents available on the market today, so find one that will fit your needs and style. Children can enjoy playing inside while parents get some rest outside under the stars.
Creative Ways to Bring the Fun Indoors
If you’re looking for ways to entertain yourself and your guests outdoors, check out some of these creative backyard entertainment ideas! Whether you want to host a game of pool, watch a movie under the stars, or get your dance on, these ideas will have you covered.
- Game of Pool: Nothing beats a good game of pool in the sun. If you don’t have an outdoor pool set up, set up some cardboard boxes or PVC pipe and give it a go! You can also find portable pool sets that are easy to move around.
- Movie Night Under the Stars: If you have an outdoor space with a nice view, why not turn it into your own cinema? Grab some popcorn and some snacks, and enjoy a movie night under the stars! Some great options include blockbuster classics or new releases.
- Bring the Party Indoors: If you don’t have an outdoor space available, sometimes all you need is some floor space! Host a party inside and use your backyard as the backdrop! Bring in some props and set up some music for an immersive experience.