Garage doors may be one of the most important purchases when purchasing a new home. Not only are they practical, but they can also increase your resale value while adding curb appeal. While garage doors come in many styles and materials, it is possible to find discount garage door prices if you know where to look for them. Here are seven tips that will help you save money on your purchase:
- Get quotes during spring. Spring is known for having great deals because people would rather get new items than repair or replace their old ones. If you can wait until Spring, shopping around for discounts is an excellent idea. Make sure to get a minimum of three quotes so you can compare prices before making a final purchase.
- Opt for lower grade materials. If you are on a tight budget, opting for the standard garage door will still work well with your house design. Standard garage doorsdo not come with high-grade materials durable enough to keep the elements out of the garage. These typically come with insulated frames and low-end insulation. The standard-sized panel can be used with all types of windows, which offers extra design flexibility. It also comes with an adjustable bottom section that can accommodate uneven surfaces at the bottom of your opening.
- Go wood instead of metal. Wood is always preferred over metal for home improvement projects because of its warmth and classic appearance. Garage doors made of wood can last up to 50 years and are very durable, so they will more than pay for themselves over time. If you have a metal garage door now, consider replacing it with a wooden one, since these lower grade materials offer the same performance as the higher end ones at a much cheaper price point.
- Opt for used doors when looking for inexpensive garage doors. Another option is to look into buying garage doors that were previously used. These usually come with minor scratches and dents but work just as well as new models. While they may not look as sleek or modern compared to new ones, their sturdy structure and durability make them excellent choices even for those on a tight budget.
- Compare dealers before making your purchase decision. It would be best to compare the different brands and dealers that offer garage doors. This way, you can select one who offers the best prices while maintaining high-quality standards. With the internet at your disposal, instant quotes from different dealers are just one click or search away.
- Shop around for parts. A good way to get lower costs on replacement parts is by shopping around for them. The same principle applies here as in looking up quotes on garage doors. In some cases, certain stores may have a more competitive price on the part you need compared to others located nearby. You will have less bargaining power when buying online, so it is important to compare prices before ordering your new part. It may be worth paying a bit more if they deliver it right to your doorstep so you can save on gas money.
- Do it yourself. If you are a DIY enthusiast, you can make your garage door from scratch to save even more money. In addition to lowering upfront costs, doing it yourself also leads to long-term savings as some materials needed for the project can be used again once you are done. Garage doors aren’t difficult to build, so if you know what type of structure works best for your home and have the proper tools to use, putting up one yourself is very beneficial. With these tips in mind, getting cheap garage doors should not be much of an issue anymore.
Finding cheap garage doors does not have to be hard. With a little research and preparation, you can purchase a quality product at a great price. In the end, investing in your home with a nice set of garage doors will make it look more valuable and inviting for all who view it. It will also add value by protecting your interior garage door system, which is an investment.